Saturday 29 July 2017

Reasoning : QUIZ


Reasoning : QUIZ

Directions (1-5): In the following questions, the symbols @, $, %, # and © are used with the following meanings
‘A @ B’ means ‘A is not smaller than B’.
‘A $ B’ means ‘A is not greater than B’.
‘A % B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor equal to B’.
‘A # B’ means ‘A is neither greater than nor equal to B’.
‘A © B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor greater than B’.

In each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true,
 find out which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true. Give answer—
1] If only conclusion I is true.
2] If only conclusion II is true.
3] If either conclusion I or conclusion II is true.
4] If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II is true.
5] If both conclusions I and II are true.

1. Statements: P $ Q, R @ S, S # P, 
Conclusions: I. Q % R
                    II. P % R

2. Statements: A @ B, C $ A, B % D
Conclusions: I. B © C
                    II. D # A

3. Statements: G @ H, E % F, F # G, 
 Conclusions: I. H # F
                     II. E % G

4. Statements: K $ L, J © K, L % M
   Conclusions: I. L © J
                      II. L % J

5. Statements: A © B, C # D, D % A 
 Conclusions: I. B # D
                     II. A # C

Directions (6-10): In each question below are two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II.  
You have to take the two/three given statements to be true even if they seen to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide-
 which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer-
1) if only conclusion I follows
2) if only conclusion II follows
3) if either conclusion I or conclusion II follows
4) if neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows
5) if both conclusion I and conclusion II follow

6. Statements:  Some chairs are Fans. Some belts are chairs.
 Conclusions: I. No Fan is a belt.
                     II. All belts being Fans is a possibility.

7. Statements:  All doors are bags. All sheets are doors.No pen is a bag.
    Conclusions:  I. Some doors being pens is a possibility.
                        II. At least some bags are sheets.

8. Statements:  No moon is a plate. Some stars are plates.
Conclusions: I. No moon is a star.
                   II. All stars are moons.

9.  Statements:  Some clips are caps. All caps are socks.
Conclusions:  I. All clips being socks is a possibility.
                     II. All such clips which are not socks can never be caps

10. Statements:  All weeks are months. All months are years. No month is a century.
      Conclusions:  I. No century is a year.
                          II. At least some centuries are years.

Answers
Solutions (1-5):
@ - >
$ - <
% - >
# - <
© - =
1. (4):
Statement: R > S < P < Q
Conclusions I. Q > R
II. P > R

2. (2):
Statement: C < A > B > D
Conclusions I. B = C
II. D < A

3. (4):
Statement: E > F < G > H
Conclusions I. H < F
II. E > G

4. (3):
Statement: J = K < L > M
Conclusions I. L = J
II. L > J

5. (1);
Statement: C < D > A = B
Conclusions I. B < D 
II. A < C

6. (2):
7. (2):
8. (4):
9. (5):
10. (3):

No comments:

Post a Comment